Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Here we go! (again)

Ahh, new beginnings. There are so many of them in life, really. Here are two in one; a new surrogacy + a new blog = a new surrogacy blog! So I suppose a little "about me" is in order right?

Well, I am just an average person who happens to one un-average thing. I spend my days going to school (associates in registered nursing) and my nights with my insane asylum of a family. Husband, son, dog, and some fish. We also share an abundance of our time with our friends, who are pretty stinkin cool. Oh, and both my husband and I are pretty heavily tattooed, which isnt really a personality trait, but I suppose its worth knowing. A quick synapse of my life:

-Born in Washington state (between 20 & 30 years ago)
-Mostly raised in Nevada, graduated high school there, then moved back to WA
-Served in the US Air Force for 4 years, bringing me to Delaware
-Met my husband, had a son, and started nursing school in DE
-Did two surrogacies so far, and I only want to do one more.

 I knew after I had my son that I would be ok with just one child, but I REALLY wanted to be pregnant again. That is what led me to surrogacy, I would get to be pregnant, but I wouldnt have to bring home another baby! Its like a win-win for everyone involved really. I knew I wanted to do 3 surrogacies when I delivered my first surrogate baby. There was something about changing a person's life that just got me. It was like an epiphany, realizing that I, in all my baby carrying greatness, could actually do something for someone. That I could make someone else's dreams a reality, forever impacting their life.

I've never before kept a record of my surrogacies, but I have attempted plenty of blogs, all of which I lost interest in before I gained any "followers." I'm not a wonderful writer, but I can type till my fingers go numb. I'd like to share the process, the emotions, the surrogate - intended parent relationship with others, as it unfolds (of course from my own biased point of view). So, here we are, at the beginning of a journey. All will be aired; the good, the bad, the monotonous at times. Feel free to comment or ask questions, everything is welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment