Monday, May 21, 2012

at a snail's pace

So, it seems that because I need to be pregnant between August - October everything is permitted to move REEEEEEALLY slowly. It kind of nice though, not having to rush here and there trying to squeeze in so much before starting a period. What that means for the blog though, is that updates wont be quite as frequent as I'd hoped. I love seeing that so many people have visited though, and I hope that I am able to maintain such interest!

Anyway, I do have a small update.

The nurse coordinator at the fertility clinic got ahold of me, she said that everything looks good with my medical records. Whenever the agency gives the go ahead she'll schedule us for the medical workup - blood tests for both Johnathan and I, then a whole bunch of poking and prodding in my girly bits.

The other news is that the social worker came on Friday (May 11th) to do a home visit. I had to give her a tour of our house, and she took notes on this and that. One note I was kind of miffed about was "no sheets on bottom bunk" - like really? Aiden doesnt sleep on the bottom bunk, why do I need to keep it made up? Granted, it looks more presentable, but I dont know why she would note that... there were sheets on the top bunk, but she didnt even look up there. Then she sat at our table and asked us a bunch of questions: How long have you been married? How were your previous pregnancies? How do your friends and family feel about you doing surrogacy? Do you want to have any more kids? Y'know, normal interviewy type stuff. She said that she'd be writing her report and sending it back to the agency, but I have yet to hear from them.

So, thats it for now. I dont know when the next update will be, but it will be a day or so after whatever happens next :)

No comments:

Post a Comment